On Monday we picked the first few red,
juicy tomatoes and some shiny fresh peppers.
Then we picked some more gorgeous peppers.
Then we dug delicious potatoes until
the buckets were too heavy to carry to the house.
Next came bunches of plump,
sweet onions to be hung to dry.
Then we tackled the squash vines ~
already out-of-control and growing gigantic zucchini!
The children call these "baseball bats."
The whole haul for the day.
Yum!
On Monday I layered sausage and thinly sliced potatoes in a dish and baked it, and we had a side dish of sauteed squash and onions, plus a green salad with fresh tomatoes, baby squash slices, and sweet onion slices. Tuesday's supper was beautiful stuffed green peppers, roasted hot pepper poppers and baked butternut squash served with cornbread. Wednesday's menu will include baked potatoes and fresh cabbage in a Cabbage Roll Casserole. We'll finish with zucchini bread for dessert. I haven't been to the grocery store in a long time, and I'm lovin' it.
No comments:
Post a Comment