Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday Funnies

Youngest was sitting at breakfast this morning. He was having cereal, with a side of pecans. Here at Pecan Bluff, we know that pecans go with just about anything. 

Now, this five-year-old dynamo is a math whiz, a lego legend, and a chef in training. He is also a walking thesaurus. If he reads a word once, it's his for life. I wish I could learn that way.

Once I said, "Wow! You surprised me when you jumped out of the closet!" 

He said, "You were flabbergasted!"

When I asked, "Do you need help with that big box, buddy?" 

He answered, "Yes! It's very cumbersome!"

And no, I have not discovered a wonder-curriculum that teaches little kids very big words. It's all him.

So back to the breakfast table. As he ate pecans he described what happens to the food. 

"After we chew, then the food travels down this tube (he pointed to his neck) so it can get to your stomach.  This is called..."  Then he paused and looked at me. He didn't know what that tube was called. 

I said, "That's your esophagus. Food travels down the esophagus to the stomach."

"Oh," he said. "So food travels down the ephosagus...the sogaphagus...the egosaphus..."  He was tongue tied.

After a moment he looked up with a confident smile. 

"Mama, food travels down the drainpipe, into the stomach!" 

Correct, as usual.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brenna - he and Max would get along great. Once Max, age 6, said that his siblings "antagonized him and that was a big challenge for him." :)

btw, Congrats on your upcoming adoption. I am so out of the loop - I need to do a better job keeping up!

Brenna said...

LOVE that, Jeanne! Way to go, Max~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails