Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

I Love It When a Plan Comes Together

Every afternoon at Pecan Bluff we have what we call Personal Devotional Time. We just started it this summer, and it's gone really well. Each child finishes up his or her Chore Pack after lunch, then they grab a Bible and read and pray for 20 minutes. We've always had mandatory quiet times, family Bible times, reading times, etc, so it wasn't too big of a stretch to make this little chunk of our day into individual Bible reading and prayer time.

I just stuck a load of laundry in and made my rounds to check on everyone. At this very moment my three older children have their heads bent over their Bibles, deep in thought. And lo and behold, I peeked around the corner at the baby, and she is studying her Baby Bible! I didn't even realize her Bible was down off the shelf, but she has it in her chubby little hands. Hee hee

So, I'm off to get some good Personal Devotional Time, too. God is so good to bless us every day with the little things to show us how much He cares about our lives!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails