Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New School Year!

We jumped in with both feet yesterday and had a very good first day of school. With a sixth grader, two second graders and a baby I've put lots of planning into this year's schedule to make sure it all works. It did ~ yay!

We tweaked and played with Managers of Their Homes and ChorePacks all summer long so we could break them in and get used to them. Though I am very flexible in making those programs work for our family, having a good schedule and chore program really made the transition from summer break to autumn semester a smoother one. I'm hooked.

We still have a few kinks worked out. The kitchen was a mess by the end of the day. And a few important chores were skipped over because the kids ran out of time before school. Also, it's always a challenge to find time to update my online organizer at the end of the school day. Ideally I would like to get my grading and planning done before hubby gets home, but somehow I usually find myself catching up around midnight, instead. It seems like no matter what acrobatics I try with my schedule, I just can't get it all done and get myself to bed on time. Oh, well. We will see how today unfolds.

We have a challenging year mapped out with the kids, and I'm looking forward to learning with them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails