Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Start Them Young

I love the Managers of Their Chores system for our family. We tweaked it a bit to make it work for us, and we are decidedly less disciplined than the lovely family that wrote the book on it. But, it does work very well for us to require the kids to use their ChorePacks daily to keep our house from becoming a pit! I've found it helps my attitude tremendously for the kids to start the day by tidying and wiping things down. It's certainly no showplace, but it's world's better than it was before we instituted ChorePacks. 
Here is Baby S and Big Sister R doing their very favorite chore: cleaning the front glass door. R sprays the cleaner on the outside and Baby S wipes the inside with a cloth diaper just as hard as she can, copying her big Sissy! It is so cute, and it tickles them both to do that chore together each morning. Baby S keeps that door smudged up watching the birds and goats and cows outside, so it needs that good wipe down every day. You can never start them too young!



2 comments:

Shonya said...

How funny! I am *almost* finished reading this book, and loving it! I didn't think I would love it, but the study of a biblical perspective toward work and the reminders for mom to keep the end goal in mind and remember it's a training process. . .loving it!

We are almost ready to make the chore cards, and I'm looking forward to seeing how we like it. Encouraging to hear it's been a blessing for you!

Brenna said...

I hope it helps your family, too, Shonya! We are big fans!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails