Last night after the kids were asleep the house was finally quiet. Mike and I spread out some paperwork so we could catch up on some banking and budgeting. While I bent over the papers with my pencil, he went to the study to get the calculator. Then he came back and reported that our calculator wasn't in the study. Off he went to see if the kids had one in with their school stuff. No luck there either. After about 10 minutes of searching various rooms in the house, he gave up.
"I don't guess you'd consider using this, would you?" he asked.
I looked up from the papers to find him holding the kids colorful toy cash register, complete with fake scanner, credit card slot, and a tiny belt for groceries. At that point we couldn't be choosy, so we got to work. Fortunately the kids didn't wake up and catch us playing with their toy.
You really can figure the family budget on a toy cash register. And the beeps make it more fun.
1 comment:
LOL!! Brenna, that is too funny! Life is not dull huh?! ;)
Post a Comment