Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday Funnies


We've had the pleasure of teaching Bible class to a great group of 3rd and 4th graders for the past few months. They are sweet and eager to learn, and we've enjoyed sharing their excitement while learning right along with them. Now we are taking a break from teaching until we get our Sweet Baby home and settled in. We will miss spending those Sunday mornings with our special students!

To express our love and appreciation for our class, I spent a long Saturday cutting out my special recipe sugar cookies into hearts. Then I lovingly iced and sprinkled each one. They turned out like this:



We printed up notes to remind the kids why we'd drilled them so hard on scripture memory and basic Bible knowledge. I bundled them up carefully, with enough extras for any visitors we might have that Sunday.
 
When the students came into the classroom I had a big, pretty platter of the cookie bundles in the back of the room, ready to pass out at the end of class. The children exclaimed about the pretty tray of treats. Then one burst my bubble.

"Wow! Are these Pop Tarts?"

1 comment:

Christina said...

hehe, that's very funny :)

they look like sugar cookies to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails