Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday Funnies

We encourage the children to be very specific when they give thanks. So when we have a family chain prayer it can get pretty long as the kids thank God for their eyes, legos, chocolate frosting, chicks, clouds, plain white paper, rocks.... you get the picture. 

Last night middle son was leader of our Family Time. He asked his little brother to close our devotional with a prayer. The six-year-old was rubbing his eyes already and was pretty ready for bed, but he agreed to lead the prayer. We bowed our heads and listened.

"Dear God,
Thank you for our baby sister.
 Thank you for your Son who died for our sins.
 Thank you for your Word in our hearts.
 Thank you for our family.
Thank you for our warm house,
and all those other odds and ends.
 In Jesus name we pray,
 Amen."


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the honesty of children, and I know God loved that prayer! Too funny! May I use that in something in the future?

Brenna said...

Me, too, Dale. Feel free to use it ~ I love to collect kidisms.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails