It's a new week, and things are going well!
The Bad News:
Last week was one for the record books. We were all sick. Beyond sick. Wretched. Pathetic. Pitiful.
The Good News:
I slept all night last night!
The Bad News:
It's the first night in seven, yes seven, nights that no children had tummy troubles during the wee hours of the morning. And "tummy troubles" is putting it nicely. It was ugly, people.
The Good News:
I married a wonderful man. When I was so sick I couldn't raise my head off the bathroom floor on Thursday afternoon, I called my dear husband at work and asked him to come home to care for our children. He rushed right home.
The Bad News:
He barely made it in the door, and ran to the bathroom before the bug took him out. He spent the next 3 days and nights laid out on the couch, moaning.
The Good News:
We have 4 loving grandparents who are always willing to help out in our times of need.
The Bad News:
We wouldn't dare have them in the house during this event, because this mutant germ was too awful.
The Good News:
Elbow grease, carpet cleaner, and a steam vac can remove strawberries from beige carpet.
The Bad News:
This experiment was conducted at 1 am in the middle of our bedroom floor, moments after eldest son came stumbling in and told me, "My tummy hurts..."
The Good News:
It's funny now to remember eldest son lying lethargically on the couch next to me, commenting on the sounds coming from the bathroom. "Poor Dad. He sounds like a dragon."
The Bad News:
It really wasn't funny at the time. Not in the least.
3 comments:
You are such a great writer, Brenna! I'm so glad you're all feeling better! Blessings on a healthy day!
Brenna, you have a great sense of humor...I guess in times like those you really need it. I read this post with my mom who was visiting and we both laughed for days! Thanks for the giggles, glad you're all feeling better.
I'm so glad you both enjoyed the good news and the bad :)
Post a Comment