Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Eating Fresh


For his birthday, the kids and I made dear husband a special meal with some new recipes. We started around 3pm and had everything ready in time for our usual 6:30 supper. Whew. I couldn't have done it without Eldest working with me, side by side. I just love that.
After we pushed back our chairs from the table and declared the meal delicious, I realized that most of the ingredients we used were super-fresh ~ homegrown by our family. Cool!
The Menu:
Fresh Herb Pork Tenderloin
Vegetable Medley
Scalloped Potatoes
Mint Tea

These items came from the grocery store:
Pork tenderloin
Olive Oil
Butter
Decaf Tea Bags
Milk

We grew all these ingredients ourselves:
Yellow squash
Bell peppers
Tomatoes
Potatoes
Onions (purple for the medley, white for the potato dish)
Garlic
Mint
Rosemary
Italian flat-leaf parsley
Basil
Oregano
Thyme
Eggs
Honey
Judging from the pile of fresh stuff on my porch right now, for tonight's supper I'd better work in lots of yellow squash, potatoes, onions, garlic, shallots, and herbs into the meal. I like a good challenge. We'll see how we do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails