Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Chewy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

This delicious cookie recipe is one I developed years ago. These cookies are so good! I always make a double batch and the kids gobble them up.

Chewy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup rolled oats OR quick cooking oats (we like either)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl cream together butter, peanut butter, both sugars and vanilla. Add egg and beat well.
In another bowl whisk together flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto silpat or greased cookie sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes, just until edges are brown and centers appear set.
Let cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack or paper towel to cool.

1 comment:

Rosana said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe, very kind and generous of you. I will definitely try it out. By the way, I came across your blog through Holt's Yahoo group. I'm currently waiting for a referral (0-14 mos., boy).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails