Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Not Quite Quick Enough

We've enjoyed some great weather today. The big kids kayaked in the tank, while Baby S and I chased each other around the big pecan tree and she picked flowers and rode in her little car.

She got really interested in running after the new pink ball Granny and Grandpa brought her yesterday, so I took advantage of the chance to pull some weeds and toss them over the fence to the goats. I got on a roll, and when I looked up a moment later Baby S had two double handfuls of moist, rich soil, and a big brown mud mustache from all the dirt she'd been cramming in her mouth. I frantically scooped what I could out of her grinning mouth and we headed for the house.

I washed her face off first, then sat her on the bathroom counter. I put her legs into the sink and went to work on her cute little feet. While I busily scrubbed her toes, I said a little prayer for protection against whatever dirt she'd swallowed before I caught her.

Then I glanced up into the mirror to see her sucking on the liquid soap dispenser! Her smiling eyes seemed to say, "I know you do your best, Mama, but you are just waaaay too slow." 

1 comment:

George said...

That is just too funny...what a great day of memories!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails