I snuggled my little princess while we rocked in her room before bed tonight. She smelled delicious all slathered in apricot oil and jammied up, ready for a good night's sleep.
She put her head on my shoulder and I whispered all the tender thoughts I share with her as she falls asleep every night. Some phrases are my humble versions of what the nannies at the Care Center tried to teach me in Ethiopia. I speak them aloud every night to help her little heart remember that she is a cherished child of God, and a precious part of our family.
"I love you, S. Uh wah di shiloh (I love you.) Yah nailej me (You are my baby.) Mommy takes care of S. God loves you, and I love you."
She usually just listens quietly while I speak into her ear. But, tonight when I spoke those words she turned her face to me. She looked at me and said,"Ink you. Ink you."
That is her two-year old adorable version of "Thank you." She said it to me twice, then she snuggled into my neck and drifted to sleep. And I melted into a puddle of mommy mush.
3 comments:
Soooo precious--and absolutely adorable!
Aaawww! Beautiful!!!
I love the smell of Apricot oil on my clean little ones too. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment