Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Busy Bees


The kids participated in our home school association's annual Spelling Bee last week. I certainly want my children to be proficient spellers, but I have to admit that we are in no way a Scripps family. I just don't have it in me to drill them on spelling words every day. We get sidetracked looking at frogs and researching galciers and collecting rocks and writing couplets... and the spelling quizzes invariably get pushed aside.

In spite of my lack of dedication to a spelling curriculum, they represented our family well. The two five-year-olds even took 1st and 2nd places in the Kindergarten group. They all did a great job and had a fun time being with their friends. Best of all, every participant went home with a fist full of coupons for treats from local businesses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulachuns on thee spellling be!

Aunt Mandy said...

Looks like Uncle Drew needs a few spelling lessons!!! Know any smarty pants kiddos that could teach him a thing or two?? I'm so proud of all of you and your hard work...love and kisses!!!

Brenna said...

Eldest hijacked the keyboard to respond:

Dear Man+Drew,
Very funny Drew! You need some spelling lessons from my brothers... speaking of Busy Bees we have been very busy with school.

*Sincerely*
your niece
p.s. You need those spelling lessons quick!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails