Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Patience is a virtue




Hoping for some more great bluebonnet pictures with the kids, I corralled them in the yard and lined them up. In spite of my best efforts, I soon discovered that they are pretty burned out on photo shoots in the flowers. I snapped my fingers and made faces and shouted instructions anyway.

"Look over here!
"Don't blink!"
"Saaaaaaay monkey!"

I looked up from their forced smiles and saw this amazing little guy watching intently from his perch on the kids' playground set nearby. This male green anole  (Anolis carolinensis) is the only anole native to the U.S. He has the ability to change colors, and this bright green shade is stunning! 

He seemed to enjoy my antics and was following my instructions exactly. He looked right at me, eyes open wide, and I bet he was thinking "What's a monkey?"

He patiently waited his turn, and around here we try to reward patience.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails