Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Glitches

I keep getting emails from you folks that your comments are not showing up. Sorry about that~ but I have no idea why that is happening or how to fix it. I surely do love to hear from you all! Perhaps it will fix itself soon. 

There were other glitches today as well. I sent eldest out to water the garden and let the goats out into the pasture. When she came in I set the timer on the oven to remind me to check on the goats. They've been known to grow bored with our salad bar and meander off our property. The grass is always greener on the other side of the lane, you know. So we periodically have to run outside and call them back toward home by shaking a bucket of corn and yelling, "Come on, goats!"  Yes, it is just about as inefficient as it sounds.

Right after I set the timer for the goat check I put in a batch of muffins for tomorrow's breakfast. Then I stirred supper, answered a phone call, jotted things on the grocery list, checked tomorrow's calendar, fed the fish, moved the laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, and bossed the kids around while they picked up the living room. Ten minutes later the timer went off, I ran back to the kitchen and pulled the muffins out.

"Hmmm. That's funny. These aren't done," I mused. I reset the timer, put the muffins back in, and went back to setting the table. You can probably see where this is going. 

I'm sorry to say it took me a while, but in the end I finally remembered that the timer was the goat reminder, and had nothing to do with muffins. The muffins did eventually come out OK, in spite of me. And the goats hadn't wandered too far. This time. 

From now on I refuse to do more than 9 things at once. I think that's my limit. 

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Boy can I relate to this!!!! Brenna, you are NOT alone! I laughed out loud when I read this:
" bossed the kids around while they picked up the living room" HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!! That is SO me as well! Good one!

Brenna said...

Hee hee
Yesterday I actually bribed the kids with a rare trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream if they would get this house in shape. I'm not proud of it, but it worked!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails