In the garden at Pecan Bluff the cabbage and broccoli are winding down and the goats are enjoying polishing off the tough stems for us. In the spotlight now is tender asparagus (YUM!) and the delicious salad mixes that are still hanging in there in spite of the warming temperatures.
The fresh spinach is really delicious right now. We've been eating spinach raw in salads or just with dip, and it is great in a stir fry. But I'm looking for more ways to use up copious amounts of this leafy veggie. The kids are not big fans of it just cooked as a side dish. We are really having trouble keeping up. Any ideas for me?
Tonight I'm trying out a spinach lasagna recipe I found right here. If you have a great recipe that uses spinach, please do share!
4 comments:
Hmm, I have a recipe for a spinach loaf. I liked it, but the rest of my family wasn't crazy about it. Uses lots of spinach though!
I'd love to try it, Jamey! "Uses lots of spinach" is exactly what I'm looking for. Email me if you can~
breastfeedyouradoptedbaby@hot.rr.com
Thanks!
We love this meatless manicotti recipe. I always add even more spinach than the recipe calls for and the boys never complain. I also make a double batch and then after I've stuffed the manicotti, I just put half in a freezer bag and freeze them. They freeze really well and you just have to pull them out and throw them into the pan with the rest of the sauce ingredients and into the oven. Here is the link - http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1054851
Thanks, Kalina! That looks great and will be next on my list to try (and I will surely double the spinach, too!)
Post a Comment