Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Soup and Salad

Last night we had a scrumptious beef and barley soup with cabbage. It was lovely with cornbread. This morning we are heading out to the garden for more onions, garlic, and salad greens. I also want asparagus for lunch, and there should be a couple of ripe strawberries to reward the kids who work the hardest in the garden.

 R and I are making this salad from Pioneer Woman for supper tonight. I don't have the steak on hand, so I will use another slice of "value beef" I have in the fridge (I don't know exactly what it is, but it was way cheap!) We hope it is tender enough for this recipe. We shall see how that goes...

On a side note, do you ever take so long to get your clean laundry folded and put away, that your kids have to dig through baskets of clean laundry for underwear and they inevitably spill some, and it gets all mixed in with the dirty laundry piles on the floor in the laundry room? Nope, that never happens around here, either. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails