Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Sick, sick, sick

None of the kids have been sick in a long time, but I've taken three of four kiddos to the doctor just this week! Baby S has pneumonia, and the boys are down with bronchitis. Yuck. Poor things. So my house, which was still a bit of a wreck from Christmas-palooza, is an even bigger mess due to sick beds on all the couches, vaporizers, medicines and boxes of tissues placed strategically all over. Everyone is doing their best to drink all the liquids I insist on, but HW in particular really feels rotten and just slept all afternoon yesterday. He is some better today, but sounds awful. Thankfully, Mama and Daddy and R are still holding out and feeling fine. We are washing hands and wiping down surfaces like crazy.

It's really been cold here. Unfortunately because of all the lung issues, we had to put the whole heating with wood challenge on hold for at least a week. We don't want any irritations in the air while the kids are healing up. We really miss the toasty feeling of that wood stove heat!

I'm off to pour some juice down HW and put the baby down to nap, then I'm declaring it movie afternoon while I lie down! Thankfully, the kids got the whole super-awesome Liberty's Kids series for Christmas from Gram and DaddyDon, so that will keep them busy for a while.

1 comment:

eliz said...

Get well soon! We have something here too, no pnuemonia, but one of our group home women actually needed nebulizer treatments. She's never a neb treatment in her 55 years of life! So whatever this is it's mean.
Sending (((HUGS))) and prayers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails