We have donated or trashed fourteen bags of stuff, and I am so thrilled! I have exactly one week left to move six more bags of junk off the Pecan Bluff premises. So far we've culled clothes, shoes, games, toys, kitchen items, and even a variety of old boxes (now why on earth was I storing those?) I also made a conscious effort to use up various hair products and soaps, etc, that we started and then moved on to using something else. What a waste, and what needless clutter to have those half-empty bottles hanging around! So, we've tossed lots of bottles and jars too, as we've used them up finally.
Our home feels lighter, and my heart feels joyful at seeing open space where it wasn't before. This has been a great way to bless my family and teach my children that the stuff of this world musn't keep us from doing our job on this earth ~ to bring glory to God. Sharing things we don't need and paring down what we own has already helped our family work and serve more effectively in the past couple of weeks, and that's been a wonderful change.
Incredibly, we accomplished this big challenge so easily in the house and yard that we didn't even do much clearing in the garage yet. And it really needs it. So, this challenge may be reinstated for the month of March so we can get that mammoth job done before the hot weather hits.
I got emails that some of you were working toward cleaning up your messes along with me this month. If you joined me in the Twenty in Twenty Challenge, congratulations on all your hard work. Let me know how you are doing, and keep on blessing your home and your family. To God be the glory!
3 comments:
I am SO sincerely happy for you!! I was inspired for two days and got rid of two bags of stuff (clothes that no longer fit me, were worn out/stained, and shoes)--just that made me feel great! I am almost inspired to do it again! :)
WOW!! Great job!!! :o)
Yes! Teaching our children that "things" are not important!! Sharing-giving the shirt off of our backs to help another!
My oldest daughter who is now with Jesus was a beautician. She gave us tons of hair care product samples from multiple manufacturers. One day I sat and squeezed each shampoo sample into one bottle and each conditioner sample into another bottle. My daughter and co-workers were horrified that I'd "mix" these coveted products together! LOL! But we were thrilled, we got 2 huge bottles filled and it lasted a long time! :o) I keep in that habit even now, I even co-mix left over lotions. If a bottle has a small amount my kids always push it aside and open a new bottle. I cut the old bottles open and even spatula every drop into the next bottle LOL!! I teach not to be wasteful with God's provisions!!
(((HUGS)))
You stopped by to say "hi" so I thot Id do the same. I enjoyed poking around and seeing what you were up to. I love this idea. We already started this back in Nov. when my middle child moved out on his own. Youngest son then wanted his old room. two out of four bedrooms. I couldnt believe all the "stuff" we found/gave away. Im in the middle of our tax mess so its not complete but I appreciate you inspiring me to get the job DONE- and in all the rooms!
Post a Comment