Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baby Chicks

Our laying hens are no spring chickens anymore, so we have a new batch of baby chicks growing here at Pecan Bluff. These are actually DaddyDon's chickies, but we get to enjoy the fun even though he is doing all the work. We are excited that will start laying for us a few short months from now.

This was Baby S's first experience with chicks. Her face says it all.

What on earth have you got there, DaddyDon?
Um, Mama, what is this thing?


Yikes!

Hmmm. It's pretty cute after all.
I might even touch it. 
Look, Gram, they are all snuggled up under the lamp. Cheep cheep cheep!

2 comments:

George said...

I think those photos are priceless...she is so sweet and very curious about the chicks. What a great place to grow up!!!

Sarah said...

How cute is she?! I love that your kids get to experience this kind of stuff... it's great for them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails