It's time to whip my crew into shape and get us back on schedule! I am greatly missing my Managers of Their Homes schedule and my Managers of Their Chores ChorePacks. We kind of slid into our holiday schedule (read really fun lack of schedule) around the first of December. Then in January we started up again with a unique daily schedule so we could work through a special study with the children that we entitled Real Life University (another post on RLU later.) We are finishing up RLU this week and although we've really enjoyed our break from the norm, I can't wait to get back to MOTH!
The kids are excited, too. Even though it is technically more work for them when we implement the ChorePacks and schedule, it doesn't really feel like it. And I've figured out how to make the schedule my tool, not my master, so it really helps us get things done more quickly and efficiently each day, while allowing for tweaks and changes as needed.
I'm also making another change for the better. I'm going to bed earlier starting tonight. I've been trying to get stuff done after the kids are down, and then Baby S has been waking up to snuggle during the night, and while I love those special snuggles, it's all added up to too little sleep for Mama. I can feel it in my bones when I wake up after a poor night's rest, and I don't like that crummy feeling. So, starting tonight it's early to bed, early to rise for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment