At the store today R and I ran into our neighbors. We asked about their garden and found out they don't even have any squash planted this year. We told them we would bring them a batch. Then R added with relief, "We'd love to get rid of some. We're eating it for breakfast, lunch, and supper!"
So, I'm glad I got some good looking squash recipes emailed to me. The first one I tried was a BIG hit! It's called a bread, but it's more like cake. It was great for breakfast or snacks. Nobody gives a hoot that it's full of squash~ it's just good.
Summer Bread
3 eggs
1.5 cups of sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 T baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 cups finely shredded summer squash
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with Pam. In a large bowl, beat the eggs till fluffy. Beat in the sugar, oil, and vanilla. Add all dry ingredients and mix. Gently fold in the squash. Spread into baking dish and bake about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment