Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Too Close for Comfort

At dusk last night I walked out onto the front porch to gather up little socks and shoes that were strewn about. While there, I decided I better check and make sure HA had turned the water off completely after their fun splashing in the kiddy pool.

I walked barefooted to the end of the porch and looked down into the flower bed to check for critters before I reached down to crank the faucet. The water was already off tightly, and I turned to go back to the front door. Then I heard a big lizard in the flower bed next to the porch, just a couple of feet from me. I turned to try to catch a glimpse. But, it wasn't a lizard. This was staring me in the face, and just as I saw him, he struck.



This photo is not of the actual venomous copperhead snake that tried to bite me last night. Fortunately that copperhead snake was blown to smithereens by my dear husband with his 20 gauge shotgun. Thanks, babe.

When I reached for the water faucet, my hand had been about 18 inches from the coiled snake. When it struck at my leg, I was about 2 feet away.

Last night I went to bed very thankful. Thankful that I was home, to tuck my children into bed. Thankful that I slept in my own bed, instead of a hospital bed. Thankful that today I can run and play and sing and work and feel great. Every good and perfect gift comes from my Father, and I praise Him for the blessing He bestowed on my front porch at dusk.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Oh wow! I am so happy you weren't bitten!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails